He knows my name!

My life verse: "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the Lord, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel." (Isaiah 45:3). For me, "the treasures of darkness" has been the medically-treated depression that I have suffered off and on with for years. More than anything else in my life, I think this has made me realize how much my Savior loves me and has deepened my relationship with God. The "hidden riches of secret places" are my wonderful family and this fabulous craft--tatting! I thank God for both!
I think it is awesome that God knows my name! Did you know that He knows yours?

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lace Escape IV--part 1





Friday night at the Lace Escape IV put on by the Lace Guild of Greater Kansas City, Maggie Brown taught me how to put a bead inside of a ring. I was able to finish the first candy cane that night. Since it was a learning project, I didn't worry about finishing the ends (cane on the far right). I've done the other two candy canes since then, adding a hanging loop in the tenth chain. One candy cane has red beads inside of white rings, and white beads inside of red rings, the other candy cane has matching rings and beads. The candy canes are done in Flora thread, the pattern is by Pam Palmer. *If you do this pattern, make your picots as small as possible! Jennifer Williams has the technique for adding a bead to the center of a ring, on Jane Eborall's pattern pages, http://www.e.n.e.btinternet.co.uk/BeadRing.pdf .

Early Saturday morning, Maggie taught me how to make a "Double Long Beaded Picot." This technique is also on Jane Eborall's pattern pages, http://www.e.n.e.biternet.co.uk/BeadsMulti.pdf . These were so neat looking, that when I got home, I made a bunch of them and decorated a t-shirt with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!