He knows my name!

My life verse: "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the Lord, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel." (Isaiah 45:3). For me, "the treasures of darkness" has been the medically-treated depression that I have suffered off and on with for years. More than anything else in my life, I think this has made me realize how much my Savior loves me and has deepened my relationship with God. The "hidden riches of secret places" are my wonderful family and this fabulous craft--tatting! I thank God for both!
I think it is awesome that God knows my name! Did you know that He knows yours?

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lace Escape IV--part 2


















Later Saturday morning, as practice for adding beads to picots, Maggie shared with me her original pattern for making these flower pins. Maggie generously let me use her beads, which enabled me to make this multi-colored bead flower. I loved this pattern. It is a great way for emptying bobbins (I use the metal Boye shuttles, which it seems, most of the tatting world hates.) Anyway, I went "flower pin" crazy when I got home.

5 comments:

  1. those really are very pretty.. about shuttles. i also use shuttle's the older tatters seem to hate the susan bates... i love them. to each their own i say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! Can you tell me where you found the pattern? Is it available for purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pattern is by Maggie Brown. I'll email her and ask if I may share it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful, Patrica! Your blog is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie has given her permission to share the pattern. The pattern has now been posted on my blog--see Pattern-Flower Pin on August 1.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers!