He knows my name!

My life verse: "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the Lord, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel." (Isaiah 45:3). For me, "the treasures of darkness" has been the medically-treated depression that I have suffered off and on with for years. More than anything else in my life, I think this has made me realize how much my Savior loves me and has deepened my relationship with God. The "hidden riches of secret places" are my wonderful family and this fabulous craft--tatting! I thank God for both!
I think it is awesome that God knows my name! Did you know that He knows yours?

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Christmas Ornaments 2011 Part 1




Any one know how to get my text farther up the screen than this?

My mother was a very artistic, creative and "crafty" lady.  One of the many things she did was make beaded necklaces using traditional Native American bead patterns.  She passed away in 1979 and I have had a box of her beads in storage for over 30 years....every time I thought of them, I felt guilty--they should be being used.  So this year I got them out of storage and pulled out beads that I thought I would be able to use, then took the rest to an Oklahoma Lacemakers Guild meeting and put a "free, if you will actually use them" sign on them.  They were all gone by the end of the meeting.

These three ornaments were made from Momma's beads.  The purple one I made for myself.  The red, white, and black ornaments are in Bacone College (now University) colors--where my father taught for 33 years.  I gave those two to my father and sister.

These are adapted from a pattern by Nancy Tracy.  The pattern is available at www.be-stitched:com/pattern0907ornament.asp  My ornament's thread is Lizbeth 20, #633 Purple Dark.  The other two ornaments are Lizbeth 20, #601 Snow White and #604 Black. 



2 comments:

  1. How lovely to have used your Mothers beads to make ornaments for the family. And to share them with others. Your ornaments are very pretty, and sure to look beautiful on a Christmas tree or hung in a window to catch the sunlight.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers!