He knows my name!

My life verse: "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the Lord, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel." (Isaiah 45:3). For me, "the treasures of darkness" has been the medically-treated depression that I have suffered off and on with for years. More than anything else in my life, I think this has made me realize how much my Savior loves me and has deepened my relationship with God. The "hidden riches of secret places" are my wonderful family and this fabulous craft--tatting! I thank God for both!
I think it is awesome that God knows my name! Did you know that He knows yours?

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Legacy


Nichole Nordeman has a song called Legacy


I don't mind if you've got something nice to say about me
And i enjoy an accolade like the rest
And you could take my picture and hang it in a gallery
Of all the who's who's and so-and-so
That used to be the best at such and such
It wouldn't matter much

I won't lie it feels alright to see your name in lights
We all need an 'atta boy' or 'atta girl'
In the end i'd like to hang my hat on more besides
The temporary trappings of this world

I want to leave a legacy how will they remember me?
Did i choose to love? did i point to you enough
To make a mark on things? i want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace who blessed your name
Unapologetically and leave that kind of legacy

I want to live my life, not only to leave a legacy as a Christian witness...but to leave a trail of tatting behind me.  I'd like to be remembered by the tatting made for and given to people.  I'd like to have tatting students who will be better than their teacher and go on and share tatting with the next generation.  This whole little "rant" came into my heart because I received an unexpected package (contents below) in the mail from an acquaintance who sent me a friend's mother's tatting stash upon her friend's mother's death..."no one else will ever use it, and I know you will."  I thought, what if, upon my death, there was NO ONE to send my tatting stash to?  What if tatting was then "truly a lost art"? What if tatting died with ME?  I want to leave a legacy!



1 comment:

  1. What if......... I think my tatting stuff will go to our grand daughter who is learning tatting. But the tatting legacy I leave will be the pieces I have made and given as presents or made and sold to customers for them to keep or give. Hopefully someone will look at my blog in the years after and say she left her mark on the world.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers!