He knows my name!

My life verse: "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the Lord, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel." (Isaiah 45:3). For me, "the treasures of darkness" has been the medically-treated depression that I have suffered off and on with for years. More than anything else in my life, I think this has made me realize how much my Savior loves me and has deepened my relationship with God. The "hidden riches of secret places" are my wonderful family and this fabulous craft--tatting! I thank God for both!
I think it is awesome that God knows my name! Did you know that He knows yours?

Friday, May 24, 2013

Celtic Motifs--Emptying Bobbins



Just like the title says...that's what I've been doing this week--I've been emptying bobbins, and I'm far from finished.  I have three major things that I usually have done with thread on bobbins:   a) make butterflies and snails on paperclips to give away to people who comment on my tatting when I'm out in public, b) make beaded butterflies (it needs slightly less thread) for the same reason, c) make flowers to decorate stationary.   I hate to waste thread...If I have ten inches of thread, I make a flower!  This time I had some almost full bobbins so I made some larger motifs before I started the butterflies, snails, and flowers.  I'm not sure which is the front or the back on these  celtic motifs, I think they look great both directions, and I didn't work them frontside/backside... so they'll hang on my little tree any-which way!  The square one, I think, I bought off of a Russian site a while back (correct me if I'm wrong please).  The circle motif came from 
http://free-tatting.com/?p=38

10 comments:

  1. Those both look really wonderful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look very nice. I like the colors, they go together well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great way to use up the bobbins! Very attractive colors and indeed the motifs can be viewed from either side. I like the center effect in pink on the top circle photo, and the square motif would look great 'on poinr'. Lovely tatting!

    I also love the little red cross in your previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kathy. I think the square will look great hung "diagonally" if that is your meaning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It's a quilting term I picked up, when setting squares diagonally!

      Delete
    2. Cool! can you tell me how it is pronounced?

      Delete
    3. I had to look at my comment more closely! It should read 'point' ! Typing on the virtual keyboard on my 7" tablet isn't my best skill! So the term is 'on point' and it does mean setting squares diagonally!

      Delete
  5. Lovely motifs, I also make butterflies, flowers etc for either to put on cards or pictures. I have to use as much up as possible.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers!