He knows my name!

My life verse: "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the Lord, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel." (Isaiah 45:3). For me, "the treasures of darkness" has been the medically-treated depression that I have suffered off and on with for years. More than anything else in my life, I think this has made me realize how much my Savior loves me and has deepened my relationship with God. The "hidden riches of secret places" are my wonderful family and this fabulous craft--tatting! I thank God for both!
I think it is awesome that God knows my name! Did you know that He knows yours?

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Crystal Ring Ornament


:)   I could legally title this post Finger Lakes Post 10--Crystal Ring Ornament... but I said goodbye to Finger Lakes 2014 in my last post.  :)

I signed up for this class from Carolyn Groves at Finger Lakes, but unfortunately, it was full.  However, I did purchase the kit.  The kit was $10 and came stuffed with materials for two projects, this crystal ring ornament and a ring with gemstone chips.

My three thread choices for this ornament were the lighter pink, the magenta  and a rather interesting hand dyed thread that I believe came from Karey Solomon.  I fell in love with the sample of hand dyed thread even though there were only 9 yards, I just couldn't use them on this crystal ornament.  So I "borrowed" from the kit, and put them back to use on something else (I don't know what!).  I substituted Lizbeth, size 20, #672, Burgandy from my stash for the third round.  

This was a well written pattern.  It was fun to do.  I did make one mistake in the second round (one of the chains is too short.)  The pattern can be worked with any 20 mm ring, but the one that came with the kit sparkles absolutely brilliantly, although that doesn't show in the picture.  I put the ring kit back to do at a later time.


4 comments:

I love comments from my readers!